- Is there a difference between the midday tour and the afternoon tour?
- When is the best time to take the tour?
- Do you have tours every day?
- Do you only offer tours in English?
- What happens if there are more than 6 people in our group?
- What if it rains or if the weather is bad?
- How can I make a payment and which payment methods do you accept?
- If the tour is fully booked can we be on the waiting list?
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance? Can I pay cash?
- Can I book a private tour?
- What if I am late at the meeting point before the tour starts?
- What happens if I have to cancel my booking for the tour?
- What types of food are served?
- How much food is served on the tour?
- Is this a wine-tasting tour? Do we drink alcohol on the tour?
- Are there vegetarian options on the tour?
- What if I have special dietary needs or food allergies?
- Is the tour suitable for children?
- If I am bringing a baby or a very young child, do I need to purchase a ticket for them?
- Is the tour fully accessible for wheelchairs users and baby buggies/pushchairs?
- Can we take photos during the tour?
- Can we stop to do some shopping during the tour?
- Where does the tour start and end?
- How much walking is involved? Is it a fast-paced tour?
- Will toilets be available?
- Do we have to leave tips?
- Can we give our guide a tip?
- Can I book the tour as a present to someone?
Do you only offer tours in English?
Shared tours are in English, while our private tours can be in English, Spanish or French.
What if it rains or if the weather is bad?
Barcelona’s mild climate does not often put us in this situation. But if it rains or the weather is bad we will nonetheless do the tour, as it is not a valid reason to cancel. We advise you to bring an umbrella and adequate clothing.
How can I make a payment and which payment methods do you accept?
Payments can be made with a credit or debit card; our online payment platform is completely secure. We won’t have access to your data and the payment you will make is like any other you may make with your credit or debit card online.
In the case of a private tour we will wait until our clients arrive, however the itinerary of the tour may be modified as a result of late arrival.
What happens if I have to cancel my booking for the tour?
We will try to modify your dates. If you wish to cancel the use of the contracted services:
– 90% of the amount paid will be refunded if the cancellation is made at least 15 days in advance.
– 50% of the amount paid will be refunded if the cancellation is made with prior notice of 14 to 2 days.
– No refund will be made if the cancellation takes place less than 48 hours before the beginning of the provision of the service.
– No refund will be made to the clients who don’t show up in time and miss the tour.
– Any cancellation charges incurred must be paid by the client. Refunds are issued minus the costs of the transfer itself.
What types of food are served?
Only Spanish and Catalan specialties. Among the dishes that we usually order are Esqueixada (codfish salad), squid or octopus, artichoke, fried fish, Catalan sausage, Spanish cheeses, homemade chicken balls, squid balls, patatas bravas, L’Escala anchovies, Stewed cuttlefish, Txistorra (Basque red pepper sausage), Pan con tomate (toasted bread with tomato puree), prawns or shrimp or razor clams (it depends on market) Judías de Santa Pau (Santa Pau beans), Spanish omelette, Mojama (dry tuna), Pan con aioli (toasted bread with garlic sauce), Padrón peppers, Iberian ham and selected charcuterie, chickpeas with black pudding, Arbequina olives, and some amazing sweets.
How much food is served on the tour?
Do not worry, you will definitely be full! Unless you have very special dietary needs, our clients usually end up more than satisfied. There are 4 or 5 stops on the tour where you will be served small speciality meals. Lunch afterwards is not necessary.
Is this a wine-tasting tour? Do we drink alcohol on the tour?
It is a tour dedicated to food but of course it can be accompanied by the drinks of your choice. We recommend that at each place you try an alcoholic drink such as vermouth, beer, wine or cava according to the best on offer at each place.
What if I have special dietary needs or food allergies?
We can provide a menu adapted to your needs if you let us know in advance. Please always let us know before making the booking to confirm that we can provide a service adapted to your diet.
We can also provide a tour adapted to your children’s age should you prefer it. They are very welcome! But before please contact us.
If I am bringing a baby or a very young child, do I need to purchase a ticket for them?
If you are planning to do the tour we make arrangements in terms of space, settings and atmosphere to suit our clients needs and to make everybody feel as comfortable as possible. Please contact us!
Is the tour fully accessible for wheelchairs users and baby buggies/pushchairs?
Unfortunately, most of the places are traditional and not adapted yet to this requirement. But we have had experiences and it has been wonderful!
Where does the tour start and end?
The starting point will be different from the ending point but they will be very near to one another. It is very easy to commute in Barcelona and we will advise you which means of transport is the most adequate.
How much walking is involved? Is it a fast-paced tour?
We will walk at a moderate and relaxed pace, however, we recommend you wear comfortable shoes. We will follow a beautiful itinerary in Ciutat Vella, the Old Town of Barcelona. 4, 5 km. aprox.
Do we have to leave tips?
No, in Spain it is not mandatory, you only leave a tip when you want to, for example, when you especially liked the service that has been provided, but you do it whenever you feel like it.
Can I book the tour as a present to someone?
Of course, please get in touch with us and we will offer a nice way to do it.